Excel
Boating Club
came into existence in 1936 at the insistence of past
commodores of Longueuil Boating
Club, including John Kerry, who were unhappy
that their club was moving more towards sailing and rowing
activities. The Excel club was strictly for canoeing and
kayaking, and was located at Ferry Wharf on the shores
of the St. Lawrence. A 1941 Quebec newspaper reports the
club's colours as Orange and Black, which corresponds
with the 1946 shield crest below. However, subsequent
memorabilia indicates club colours of royal blue and orange
gold. Excel left the CCA in 1957 and no longer exists
today. |