Racing Canoe Club revolved mainly around
the activity of Aubrey Ireland Jr. Officially founded in
1936 by Hugh Mercer, there is no official record of the
club having been ratified by the association. They competed
in the Western Division in 1940, 1941 and 1946. There was
a defeated CCA motion in 1940 to suspend the club, lending
credence to Kitchener's full-member status at the time.
Most CCA programs indicate that the club's colours were
gold and brown, however the 1947 program indicates gold
and blue. This is likely a typo as the club's stationery
was also gold and brown.