Lambert Boating Club was founded on May
14, 1886, hosting their first annual regatta that same year.
They were incorporated in 1890 and joined the CCA in 1902.
Although St. Lambert hosted an annual regatta since their
inception, reformation as the St. Lambert A.A.A. saw the
counting of the regattas begin again in 1928 under the new
name. The club's involvement lasted until 1938 when, as
reported in the Montreal Gazette, August 14, 1944, "silt
and stones carried down the river . . . were making paddling
a hazard." The Excel Boating Club shortly
took over dominance as a result. Also known as the St.
Lambert Amateur Aquatic Association,
the club still exists as the Club
de Yacht de St-Lambert.