an American club operating out of Buffalo itself, the Buffalo
relocated to Ontario’s Abino Bay in 1900 as
a private members’ sailing club. The club was founded
in 1882 by Williams Lansing with the assistance of Forbush,
Danforth and Kelly and incorporated in the State of New
York in 1892. Their first boathouse was at the foot of Austin
Street on the Niagara River before the relocation to Ontario.
They joined the CCA sometime just before 1909 after taking
efforts to improve their boat storage and hosted a regatta
at Abino Bay in 1910.