came into existence in 1936 at the insistence of past commodores
of Longueuil Boating Club,
including John Kerry, who were unhappy that their club was
moving more towards sailing and rowing activities. The Excel
club was strictly for canoeing and kayaking, and was located
at Ferry Wharf on the shores of the St. Lawrence. A 1941
Quebec newspaper reports the club's colours as Orange and
Black, which corresponds with the 1946 shield crest below.
However, subsequent memorabilia indicates club colours of
royal blue and orange gold. Excel left the CCA in 1957 and
no longer exists today.