St. John's, QUEBEC  
Richilieu River  

Google Maps Link -

Unknown Jersey


Clubhouse Postcard


Regatta Day Postcard


photograph © www.croisierestjean.ca
c1900s


photograph © Liam Birch
c2004

Founded:
1890
     
Founders:vv
 
Former Name: St. John’s Yacht Club
Official Name:
Club Nautique Saint-Jean
Telephone:
450-348-3821
Website:
www.lenautique.com
Club Colours:
   

ACHIEVEMENTS
1905
1910
Greatest Points Total: 1905: 6 (Runner-Up)
INFORMATION
The St. John’s Yacht Club, also known as Club Nautique Saint-Jean, was incorporated on October 10, 1890 and joined the CCA approximately 1905. The club hosted the national championships six times up until 1940 with what was believed by many to be the best course in Canada, and left the association shortly thereafter. The Black Trophy was donated to the organisation in 1928 to be presented to the winners of the Junior Fours although the club had attempted since 1925 to have the Black Trophy presented to the overall Club Aggregate Champion. The request was denied based on the fact that the CCA championship was too high an honour for such a trophy. The club survives today as Le Nautique St-Jean and may have spent some time known as the St. John Boating Club, according to local regatta programs from 1913.
CCA COMMODORES
None





Club Alumni
John W. Black

 
NATIONAL TEAM COACHES
None
CANADA GAMES MEDALISTS
None
NATIONAL TEAM ALUMNI

None

 
 

Regatta Program 1910