Montreal, QUEBEC  
Rivière des Mille Îles  

Google Earth Coordinates: 45.5818613, -73.8308945 - photograph © Bibliothèque et Archives Nationales Québec

Unknown Jersey


St Rose Boating Club


photograph © Roger Kenner

Rivière-des-Mille-Iles today



Crew from Hiawatha Canoe Club


1923 Regatta Program

Founded:
1884
Founders:vvvvv
 
Official Name: Ste. Rose Canoe Club 
Former Name: Ste. Rose Boating Club
Fate:
Folded 1933
Telephone:
none
Website:
none
Club Colours:
     

ACHIEVEMENTS
6th Place: 1923
Greatest Points Total: 1923/1928: 5 (6th)
INFORMATION
Ste. Rose Canoe Club was founded 1884 and spent some time known as the Ste. Rose Boating Club. They joined CCA in 1921 (having applied the previous year) and hosted Eastern Division regattas during that time. The club was founded by a group of vacationers from Montreal and was situated where the Thérèse Casgrain Manor now stands. Their last year was 1933. A St. Rose C4 crew were the first men to raise the John W. Black trophy. In the early 1900s, Ste. Rose held joint regattas with the Hiawatha Canoe Club (never a CCA member club).
CCA COMMODORES
None




NATIONAL TEAM COACHES
None
CANADA GAMES MEDALISTS
None
NATIONAL TEAM ALUMNI

None

 


Ottawa Journal, 1928