Stephen's Amateur Athletic Association joined
CCA in 1903, three years after their founding in Lachine,
alongside the Lachine Boating
Club. The two clubs hosted regattas together
when the former was known as the St.
Stephen's Y.M.A. On a Dominion Day
prior to 1910, two members, Dunn and McDonald, dared to
run the famous Lachine rapids in a light eighteen foot skiff.
St. Stephen's also provided lacrosse, hockey and football
as part of their athletic services. They had a modest club
house at first, but by 1909 their quarters were considered
impressive. The Lake St-Louis
Canoe Club (also known as the Lake St-Louis
Motorboat Club) was also located on Montreal's west shore.
It was a contemporary of St. Stephen's, but pre-dates both
the Riverside and St. Andrew's clubs. It is not known if
St. Stephen's was affiliated with any of these other clubs
in the area.