Lakeside, Montreal , QUEBEC  
Baie de Valois (St. Lawrence River)  

Google Maps Link - photograph © McCord Museum


Jersey paintings © Liam Birch
Jersey


photograph © McCord Museum

c1893


photograph © McCord Museum
Interior


photograph © McCord Museum
1926 C4


photograph © McCord Museum
1926 C2


photograph © CCA Archives
1925 C15


Valois Trophy 1909

Founded:
1882
Official Name:
Valois Boating Club
Former Name:  Valois Bay Boat Club
Fate:
Folded & Demolished
Telephone:
none
Website:
none
Club Colours:
     

ACHIEVEMENTS
3rd Place: 1925
5th Place: 1922
6th Place: 1923, 1924, 1927
Eastern Division Champions: 1925
Greatest Points Total: 1925: 7 (3rd)
INFORMATION
The Valois Boating Club was founded in 1882 near Pointe Claire and may have been known as the Valois Bay Boat Club c1888 when they hosted regattas on behalf of the Royal St. Lawrence Yacht Club. Valois did not join the CCA until about 1909, competing for approximately three years before going on hiatus. They reappeared at the Eastern Division Championships in 1921 and lasted until 1933 when the club was torn down as a result of the depression. Noted member R. Edgar Gilbert’s name graces the awards given to builders, officials and coaches. Although the jersey would appear to be a blue V in a white diamond on a red field, several regatta programs throughout the 1920s specifically describe the opposite.
CCA COMMODORES
James C. Pettigrew - 1928


NATIONAL TEAM COACHES
R. Edgar Gilbert - Coach 1948
Honorary Commodore 1950-66
CANADA GAMES MEDALISTS

None

NATIONAL TEAM ALUMNI

None