The
Cataraqui
Canoe Club was founded in Kingston in
1934, and organised by 1937. Membership in the CCA ceased
in 1946 after WWII but the club was revived again in
1964. The sprint program relocated to Sydenham Lake
in 2000, subsequently becoming a separate member of
the CCA (see Sydenham
Lake Canoe Club). Cataraqui immediately
withdrew its membership. Original club colours of red
and royal blue were listed in the 1940 program and red
and black in the 1947 program.
*
In 1886, the Cataraqui Canoe Club
was formed and was a member of the ACA until 1896 when
members were invited to join the new Kingston
Yacht Club. After Kingston left the CCA, a new
club was established in 1934.