c1950s


c1940s

 

Trois Rivières , QUEBEC  
Rivière St. Maurice  


Google Maps Link -


Jersey paintings © Liam Birch
Jersey


CCA Champions 1950


photograph © courtesy SCAP de Trois-Rivières


2015 Revival


photograph © Liam Birch

Former Radisson Building

Founded:
1934
Founders:
Roland Bourdon
Official Name: Club de Canotage de Radisson Canoe-Kayak Club
Former Name:
Club de Canot Kayak Radisson
Radisson Canoe Club
Telephone:
none
Website:
none
Club Colours:
     

ACHIEVEMENTS
1946, 1950 
Eastern Division Champions: 1943, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1951
Greatest Points Total: 1946: 29 (Champion)
INFORMATION
Le Club de Canotage de Radisson Canoe-Kayak Club, founded in 1934 as the Radisson Canoe Club, is named after the Coureur de Bois Pierre Esprint Radisson (1636-1710). The club entered CCA in 1941 just as national competition was suspended for WWII although they held annual regattas at the club during the war years. Upon reorganising in 1946, this brand new club entry took the championship burgee in its first competitive year. Radisson serviced the Trois Rivières area until 1965 (brief hiatus 1957-59) when it sold its property to the Chateauguay Boating Club. Recently, former paddlers have rejuvenated the club as an occasional associate member of CanoeKayak Canada with competition beginning at the 2015 National Championships. A highlight of the season for Radisson paddlers was the 100-mile race from La Tuque to Trois-Rivières along the St-Maurice River. A 1950 article from the Ottawa Journal indicates that Radisson's colours were red, yellow and blue, but this has yet to be verified anywhere.
CCA COMMODORES
None






NATIONAL TEAM COACHES
None
CANADA GAMES MEDALISTS
None
NATIONAL TEAM ALUMNI

Marcel Paquette

NA Champs 1953 C2 1000  
Jean-Guy Beaumier
NA Champs 1953 C2 1000