1880-1882 – J. W. Bridgman
1883-1884 – Hugh Neilson
1885 – R. Tyson
1886 – Hugh Neilson
1887-1888 – J. L. Kerr
1889-1890 – Dr. N. A. Powell
1891 – D. B. Jacques
1892-1893 – G. R. Baker
1894-1895 – H. R. Tilley
1896-1897 – George Wilkie
1898 – C. H. Wilson
1899 – T. P. Stewart
1900 – J. H. Watlington
1901 – George A. Howell
1902 – T. D. Bailey
1903-1904 – Dr. E. E. King
1905 – J. A. Muirhead
1906 – J. G. Ramsey
1907-1909 – W. A. McNabb
1910 – H. H. Mason
1911 – L. E. Thomas
1912-1913 – S. A. Sylvester
1914 – E. C. Tyrell
1915-1916 – W. G. Reilly
1917-1918 – Charles T. Hoare
1919-1920 – Robert F. Wilson
1921-1922 – A. L. Young
1923-1924 – T. D. Bailey
1925 – T. F. Livingstone
1926 – E. H Minns
1927 – H. H. Fullerton
1928 – F. C. King
1929 – A. L. Young
1930 – J. H. Dodgson
1931-1935 – W. C. Baker
1936 – V. L. Evans
1937-1938 – G. R. Daly


* served as CCA Commodore
Edgar T. Alberts
1935-1936

 

Ancestral lands of the Mississauga, Wendake-Nionwentsio, Anishinabewaki, Haudenosaunee


Jersey artwork © Liam Birch

Toronto
ONTARIO

Official Name: Toronto Canoe Club 
Water:
Toronto Harbour / Humber Bay
Founded:
1880
Founders:
Messrs John W. Bridgman, Tyson, Frank Nicholson, Leigh, Stinson, Hugh Neilson, Arnold
Fate: name changed to Toronto Sailing & Canoe Club
Telephone:
416-531-0403
Website:
www.tscc.net
Social Media:
Club Colours:
   
ACHIEVEMENTS
1908, 1909, 1910, 1911
1912
, 1913, 1914, 1926
1907, 1915, 1929
Western Division Champions: 1907, 1908, 1909, 1910, 1911, 1912, 1913, 1914, 1924, 1926, 1929, 1936
Greatest Points Total: 1912: 27 (Champion)
Toronto Regatta All-time Results
CCA COMMODORES
Edgar T. Alberts - 1936
Honorary Commodore 1978-79
Jack S. McGregor - 1930
Robert F. Wilson - 1915
Charles T. Hoare - 1912
W. A. McNabb - 1909
ACA COMMODORES
Wm. G. McKendrick - 1900
INFORMATION

The Toronto Canoe Club was founded in 1880 by nine men wishing to establish a union of aquatic sporting activities at Toronto Harbour. They first rented a clubhouse in 1885 which proved too small. A new clubhouse was built in 1887 on the Esplanade opposite Union Station. This site was then expropriated by the CP Railway. Their next clubhouse was built on the waterfront in 1893 on the west side of the foot of York Street. In 1920, after the Harbour Commission bought out their lease for $30,000, Toronto CC purchased the Cooke Estate on the west side of Dowling Avenue, where they remain today. Toronto regularly hosted their regattas on Hanlan's Bay between the Islands and the northern docks although some regattas were held at the foot of Cherry Street on the eastern side of the harbour. Toronto was the first Canadian club to specialise in canoeing disciplines. They won the CCA championship eight times (seven consecutive) and hockey’s Memorial Cup in 1920. The Toronto Sailing & Canoe Club was established in 1939, officially taking over the former club. Members were known as the ‘Red Ringers.’ The red and black jersey colours of Toronto Sailing were adopted before the name change, from at least 1937, although there is a dark jersey from 1925 (seen at left) with a red ring. It is unclear what colour this jersey is, either black or blue. David Town's "Two Jacks" indicates that Toronto raced in blue colours at the 1906 Henley regatta.



Google Maps Link photograph © Legg Bros. Limited
C15 Champions 1907
Mens C15 c1920s
Regatta: Humber Bay c1913
Hanlan's Bay Course 1908
Club Song
"Red Ring " Newsletter 1924
NATIONAL TEAM ALUMNI
Fred Butler
British Empire Games 1930 Jr K4 1000


--